Friday 13 December 2013

Tantilising Tidbit: Beyonce Album Review And More!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11399079/?claim=b5wqurcsqk9">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


Hey World Wide Webbers!!


If you had the chance to read my first post which I posted on Monday you know this blog is posted every fortnight with the exception of times like this when something happens and it shakes the world and I have to be part of the world wide commentary.

I'm currently sitting here enjoying my lunch and thought I would share my thoughts on the new album that's taken the world by storm. 

I'm a chef too so, sorry but the music comes with the food and on the menu this afternoon is toasted olive bread with thyme and mustard glazed mushrooms and a beet and cucumber salad with leaks on the side. I've got my tea at the ready and I hope you enjoy the review! 

This morning people were snatched by the edges waking up to Beyonce sneaking a masterpiece into the stratosphere whilst we slumbered! There had been a lot of talks about Bey not releasing an album this year (yet still maintaining buzz might I add) and a lot of people criticised her new team alluding to the fact that this wouldn't have happened on Matthew Knowles' watch! Well in true Beyonce, headline grabbing, love on top-esque fashion she went ahead and put the critics in their everlasting seats, causing Stans and Queens all over the world to GET THEIR LIVES this morning!


*Provided courtesy of iTunes

For those of you who haven't made a beyline to the iTunes store to get you life, I have just the fix for you!! Don't say I don't give you anything!

My take on this album and Beyonce as an entity goes as follows:
As an artist myself I find her inspiring and has broken many barriers and went ahead of her time in many ways...case in point- this visual masterpiece for iTunes which I have never seen before. I think her talent is on crack, I've never seen music, dance and showmanship presented so well together without compromising each of the elements.However I somewhat checked out of the Beyhive and became and admiring observer (not a hater, never that) when we were introduced to Sasha Fierce. Most of my early teen years were spent stanning for her and I guess I was disappointed when she went on record and attributed her performance prowess to being [verbatim] "possessed by another entity" besides herself. At the time I stopped listening to her music completely and was as disappointed as Shawne Merrimen's fans when his steroid scandal broke out. What had made them fall in love with him was the performance on the pitch and what he stood for off the pitch, well likewise, I felt cheated of authenticity and realness. I felt cheated and weirded out because growing up in the church, demon possession wasn't a light topic nor was it celebrated so when she said it loud and proud, I was quite frankly put off. The rise of conspiracy theory added to the fear, mystique and disdain I had at that moment but I guess my fear of the unknown faded with the growth of my artistry and understanding of the industry. I got to appreciate the work that goes into her empire, the hours of practising it must take to perfect her art and the good music that she provides in an age where we are deficient of good music.So as an admiring observer I think this album [for lack of a better term, this is more than an album] is a first of its kind in history, kudos to her and her team. The visuals are second to none, the quality of her imaging alone is enough to make Keyshia Cole, Kerry Hilson and other Beyhive Twitter targets retire and accept defeat.

My Top 5 Tracks in no particular order are: *Courtesy of YouTube




I find that these are the most light hearted and rateable without double meanings and even the hue of the videos is lighter and they all make for an easy listen. I know that every girl can relate to "Pretty Hurts" I know I can! "Blow" makes me want to dance and can tell it's going to be my beach song come summer! "XO" is so young and fresh and the moment I played "Heaven" I could relate to the pain of loss which is universal and I'm sure everyone who hears this song will relate. Lastly "Blue" is everything! Which two year old do you know has a feature on what appears to be a future hit? Only Blu Ivy Carter!! As well as having her own fan base within the stan community, Blu has a song and I'm just in love with the whole idea. 

The rest of the album is either a nod to Houston, which I must say if they don't name a street after her and have Beyonce day in Houston after this...the mayor needs glasses, or a bold statement with provoking imaging which I know will cause people to talk! Check conspiracy theory websites tomorrow and you will get a run down of the occultic meaning behind the whole thing starting with the fact that it came out on Friday the 13th at midnight!

I must say her features are second to none and the controversial "Bow Down" got a makeover and reincarnated as "Flawless" which was given an injection of afro feminism with a feature from Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. If you aren't familiar with her work, google her, she amazing!! I'd like to hear what the original critics will say about that and I must say, good save on her part! I spent most of summer 2012 obsessing over Frank Ocean's "Channel Orange" and I must say I never dreamt of him and Beyonce collaborating!! The harmonies on the song are impeccable and the rest of the album will be blasting out at Christmas parties in the hood guaranteed! Or as Charlamagne tweeted: 

 Enjoy the album and divas take some notes on how it's done!!

2 comments:

  1. Thats ma sister right thur!!!!! So amazingly talented...the world wide web gets to experience the personality of the girl I kno and love :) so proud of you hunni xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaawwww!! Thank you boo!! I'm glad u like it! You saw my potential first <3

    ReplyDelete